Some pros to having an online virtual school:
- Parents that home school their children can have a curriculum or teacher actually teach their child from home
- Teachers are able to travel and are still able to teach through the internet.
- If the teacher needs to stay at home from school to take care of her or his children, she or he is sill able to teach classes.
- They allow the student to do their work when they have time.
- When a teacher is sick they can still teach their students.
- Students may slack off and not do their homework.
- The website could crash, which wouldn't allow the student or the teacher to go online.
- The student misses out the experience to socialize with other students.
- The students' creativity isn't used as much since everything is turned in online.
- The teacher isn't able to learn about their students as well as they would in the classroom.
2. Discuss how you think virtual schools might impact your future teaching.
I think that virtual schools are great for students that aren't able to be in the classroom. However, I think that the actual school experience is the best option for students. I have taken online classes and feel that I don't learn as much as I would in the actual classroom. I think that at a young age students should be able to socialize with other students in the classroom.
Virtual schools also give future teachers career opportunities. Some teachers aren't able to work outside of the home and this is a great way for teachers to do so. It also is a great way to provide classes at a school that might not have been able to have. Some schools don't have programs that they might need and using virtual classrooms allow the students to have more opportunities. In the end I think online virtual schools are great in some areas and not so great in others. As technology improves so will these online classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment